Friday 20 July 2012

Letter 2- Big-Small


Dear Lord of Darkness,

You didn't come to the party, or the two after that. Have you developed something against birthday parties? I seem to think that I have. I don't like celebrating my birthdays anymore, even if mom agrees to have no pink fancies or lacey decorations. I don't like the thought of growing up. I can't pass through my bedroom window anymore. I'm too big for that. No amount of ducking would make me hide under the table. They tell me I can't name my pillows anymore. Growing up does not seem as celebratory as it used to sound a few years ago. Also, I don't like the pressure of making sense all the time. They ask my motive for everything I say, and mostly I don't have any.
I liked it when you were young and I was younger. We could pass an entire day without having to decide what to talk about or care if we would be able to talk the next day. Remember the beatles you'd catch to make them your pet? We would have a funeral everyday. I saw a beatle crawling on my lawn yesterday. It would make a perfect pet for you. I've kept it in a glass bowl and I feed it leaves everyday. I wanted to name him, but you should do it, since he is yours. Come over someday to take it from me, before I start loving him and refuse to part from him.


The princess of the winter snow.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Dear Princess of the winter snow,

 I am sorry for not coming to the first party and the two after that. Don't think I didn't come because of the snowflake you asked for. Because I found a snowflake later. And again, it started melting. To keep it safe, I put it back with the other snowflakes and blew it towards your place. I am sure you found it. If you haven't, Step out in the snow next time and spread out your arms. The third snowflake that falls on your palm will be mine.

 I don't think I have anything against birthday parties, except for the fact that they are noisy and that everyone has to smile for the picture. I like cakes. And the blowing out of candles. I like to watch the flame flicker before it blows off. I couldn't stress more that you are stupid to not want to grow older. Growing up is beautiful. I can now reach for things I never could when I was smaller. I re-read a book a while back and understood it better than the last time I'd read it. I learn new words everyday. Some of them hurt people real bad. Give it some time. You'll probably get used to it. 
Call the beatle "Beatle" from now on. I don't want it to forget who it is. I'll take it from you soon.

Honour,
The Lord of Darkness.